Mold me each day, Lord, into what You would have me to be.

Mold me each day, Lord, into what You would have me to be.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

When to say "when"...Day 10

Today is the first day of our church’s 21-day fast. I am fasting sweets and TV. I wanted to start the no-meat fast, but had already bought groceries before we were told about the fast. Anyway, that is my plan. However, my anniversary falls on January 18, and it is my tenth anniversary, so I will be making an exception for our special occasion if necessary. There may not be any dessert involved, but then again, there may be!

Breakfast - my mom brought sugar free mini-muffins - I ate one for breakfast

Snack - spoonful of peanut butter

Lunch - Subway with my mom - turkey and ham on wheat with oil/vinegar, spicy mustard,
pickles, lettuce, bell peppers, tomatoes, and cheese (didn’t think at the time, but next time will probably leave off the cheese).

Snack - one mini-muffin (yes, again…)

Supper - lobster delights, english peas, whole wheat spaghetti (I know that’s a weird combination, but my family was having pizza and I had to eat something quickly before I was overtempted!)

So, I have already started today. I don’t have much time to write today as my reports are piling up, but will tell you more tomorrow. And by the way, the muffins were on my menu because my mom brought them over - and they were pretty good, even though they were sugar free. I just don’t normally eat them.

And in closing, here is a quick word to make you not want to overeat…

Proverbs 23:20 NIV
“Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags.”

That makes me want to say “when”…

No comments: