Mold me each day, Lord, into what You would have me to be.

Mold me each day, Lord, into what You would have me to be.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Sticks and Stones...Day 19

Today I am still holding steady at 23 pounds down. I did not get my workout in yesterday (Ugh!). However, there was birthday cake at church last night and I was barely even tempted. Tomorrow is my ten year anniversary with my hubby though, and I am making a pie for him, and will definitely have a piece of that! What is going to be hard is ignorning the pie as it stares at me from the countertop in the days following our anniversary. You know what I'm talking about, right?

So here is the way things went yesterday...

B – Yoplait Light Lemon Meringue yogurt (YUM!)
S – spoon of peanut butter
L – Mole wrap (turkey, mole, brown rice, wrapped in tortilla), a few chips and a slice of cheese
S – Tilapia filet stuffed with scallops & red peppers, whole wheat pasta/Prego/Parmesan, three or four mini pickles
S – 1 ½ tortilla (snack after supper instead of before)
No Workout

You will notice the addition of dairy back into the mix. Once again, the advantage of food journaling is that you have to look at what you're taking in, then you can make the changes necessary in order for your diet to be as nutritionally complete as possible. Well, in looking over my menus, I had noticed that I was not getting enough calcium. So, I bought myself some milk, and am eating yogurt and cheese during the day in order to get my three servings of dairy in for the day. I also have a calcium supplement here that I will be taking daily just to be sure that I am getting my recommended calcium each day. My mom has osteopenia, and I just accompanied her to get an MRI today because of bone/joint related problems, and I know it is very, very important to get that calcium into my body. I have never had a problem before because any time I ate something sweet I had to have some milk. But now that I have been skipping the sweets I have just not had much of a desire for milk, not even cereal. So, another change make to keep my eating HEALTHY! And as I've said so many times before, that is what it is about - not being the skinniest person around, not being the most beautiful or most handsome, but being healthy!

So my question to you today is..............................

Got Milk?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

do I got milk? Please girl!