Mold me each day, Lord, into what You would have me to be.

Mold me each day, Lord, into what You would have me to be.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Hide the Rotel...Day 5

I just have to say that I am soooooo thankful that the holiday season is over! I love this time of year, it is beautiful and fun and wonderful. I love all of the get-togethers, and unfortunately…I love the food. Yesterday my husband was off work for New Year’s, and I fixed him some Extra Spicy Rotel with Hot sausage in it. I ate it twice! I didn’t eat it with chips. I just grabbed a tortilla out of the fridge, heated it for about 8 seconds in the microwave, rolled it up, and dipped it! YUM! I had two tortillas like that yesterday. NAUGHTY! NAUGHTY! NAUGHTY! And now, the rotel is just sitting there in the fridge, calling me across the kitchen, reminding me of how tasty it was! UUUGGGHHH! I will be strong today. Today is not a holiday, and I am back to normal! Needless to say I didn’t lose any more weight from yesterday today. I know that I will not lose every single day, but I did make some really bad choices yesterday (I mean how can I expect to lose weight eating Rotel and tortillas???), and didn’t exercise to boot.

Today’s exercise video is called Easy Steps - A Walking Weight Loss Program - it’s 20 minutes. If you have never tried these walking videos, they are fantastic. I normally do the ones that Leslie Sansone has out such as Miracle Mile - a christian based workout (fantastic), or really any of her different walking videos. By the time you get done with them you have walked the equivalent of one mile, two miles, even up to four miles I think. But you don’t just walk, you do leg lifts, kicks, knee lifts, work your arms, it’s really good - and boy, do you feel it! I check out my videos at the library, since I have not actually bought one of the walking videos yet. And since I check them out at the library I try to alternate the ones I get so other people can use them too, even though I would like to just keep that Miracle Mile out for a whole year!
So, here’s to a better day today. I’m about to start it with a cup of hot tea - I’m craving it right now - complete with caffeine! The main thing for me to remember is that this way of living is one step at a time, one day at a time. Some days are gonna be messed up, they’re not going to be my best, but I just have to pick up the next day and get back on track. The key is perseverance!

I have to say too that many times when I’m hungry I need to just go read my bible. That time spent with God is very satisfying and keeps me on the right track. God wants us to be healthy. Our bodies are a temple, and we only get this one. If we mess it up by not taking care of it, there’s not going to the store to get a new one, or going to the shop to get a replacement part, or whatever. We have to be faithful and good stewards of what we have, of what God has given us.

Well, that ought to give me a good kick in the rear today!

No comments: