Mold me each day, Lord, into what You would have me to be.

Mold me each day, Lord, into what You would have me to be.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Happy New Year...Day 4

January 1, 2008
WooHoo! Down another pound today! Steady decline, that’s what I like to see… as far as weight goes anyway! I was a little scared to step on the scale this morning after our church service last night. We ate late, and it was not what you would call a healthy buffet. Here is how yesterday went…

Rice for breakfast - cup of coffee too

Bag of popcorn for a snack

Lipton Noodle soup - two big mugs full for lunch

Coconut cake for a snack (not the best choice of course)

late night supper consisting of two small sandwiches that maybe amounted to close to one normal size sandwich made with two plain slices of bread, two or so servings of chips, two cocktail sausages - that’s only because they were the last two, I so could have eaten more! And, of course, a diet Pepsi.

I’m so excited about what this new year is going to bring! Things are really exciting at our church, I know that God is really gonna do great things with our church! I’m getting healthy, and that is not a New Year’s resolution, as I have been working on this since last year! There is just so much to look forward to, and I want 2008 to be the best year of my life so far! It did make me a little bit sad though when I came out of church last night around 12:30 or so, and there is a place across the street called “The Entertainment Complex” which is a club, and it was packed. It was so packed that people were parking in our church parking lot to go to it, and the surrounding business parking lots! During our church service when we were praying we could hear the music booming from across the street, they were having a big New Year’s party themselves. It just made me so sad because people will go to a party like that and drink, and who knows what, and maybe not even remember what all they did, but it is so hard to get them to come to church. We had an AWESOME party at our church, and I’m not talking about the games or food, or even the music, but we were in the presence of the King of Kings. You could feel the presence of God so, so powerfully in the service and there was real freedom there. Sometimes we were dancing or shouting or laughing or crying, and it was so amazing. That time brought us closer to God, and gave us time to bond with one another, and time to pray for others who are suffering while we celebrate. I just cannot say how amazing it was. I just wish that all of the people across the street at a different kind of party could have come in a different direction, and could have gone through a different door - one that led to Jesus, and not to sin. I guess that my biggest hope for myself in the coming year is that I will reach as many people for Jesus as I possibly can, and realize that we may only have one chance to reach each person, maybe one last chance to touch those around us with the love of Jesus. We never know when it will be too late.

No comments: