Mold me each day, Lord, into what You would have me to be.

Mold me each day, Lord, into what You would have me to be.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

A Little Goes a Long Way...Day 21

Well, another quiet, boring day at home... YEAH RIGHT!!!

I had a very nice anniversary with my hubby yesterday. We just stayed home, but the kids were at their grandparents' house and we had a quiet evening with a good supper, and just some good quality time with each other.

Then today we got up early and went to our church, we had a work day there. We were joking there about not needing to work out because we were getting so much exercise there, but I went ahead and worked out anyway. I'm really glad I did, it just feels great!

Here is yesterday's menu...

B – Wheat Chex /milk
S – Popcorn
L – potato salad (like half a cup) - two sugar free York peppermint patties
S – spoon of peanut butter
S – Beef enchiladas, salad

Workout – Hip Hop Abs Fat Burning Cardio
My weight did fluctuate up today, a little disappointing :0(

Okay, so I said on my previous post that I was allowing myself some of my chess pie for my anniversary. Well, it took a long time to get it right. I stuck it back in the oven two times before I finally got it cooked to the right conistency. It was delicious though, even before I got it right. I tried it last night in its nearly liquid form, but didn't actually get to eat the pie properly cooked until this morning. Let me tell you what, if you can get to where you skip sugar, just cut it out for a while, then when you finally eat some it doesn't take much - a little will go a long way. I ate two sugar free York peppermint patties yesterday, they are small, and it was SOOOO sweet - even though it was sugar free. A serving size for those is three patties for 80 calories. I was only able to eat two.

That is something I just have to stop and talk about just a minute before moving on. I used to just eat and eat a cake or pie or ice cream, or whatever, just for the sake of eating it! Sure, it was good, but after about two or three SERVINGS of it, it's enough to make you sick. Ya know? I have bought a box of Danish Wedding cookies, and really gotten nearly sick on them. That is nothing but pure binging. The point though to this is...just because the serving is 1/2 cup of ice cream, or one whole candy bar, or five cookies, or 20 chips, DOES NOT mean that we have to eat the whole serving size. Really take time with your food and enjoy it, listen to your taste buds before you keep packing it in! I knew after that second piece of candy yesterday that if I ate another one it wouldn't even be as good, not because it would taste different, but because I had satisfied the craving and that was exactly what my body was wanting, and I was ready to be done with it.

Case and point... I got the pie out this morning (Perfect, did I mention that???), and I started eating that, and let me tell you it was SO DELICIOUS!!! Really good stuff. But after a few bites I could have stopped, I was really done as far as my taste buds and my body went. But it was like I had this thought in my mind that "this is the last dessert I will be eating for a while", and it was like I went into panic mode and had to eat some more. I didn't really want it, I was just eating it purely for the sake of eating it. And guess what, I ate a few more bites, and I felt like I was going to be sick! Literally wanted to throw up!!!

So, just a word to the wise, think about what you're doing and stop before you hurt yourself!!! Someone told me once that the key was to get used to feeling just a little bit hungry. Not starving. But stop eating before you feel full. It feels so much better to feel not quite full, than to feel weighed down and bloated from your food. It saps your energy and just makes you want to lay down and take a nap.

Pay attention to your body and how you're feeling. Pay attention to your food, not to the TV, or paper, or whatever. You will find it easier to stop.

No comments: