Mold me each day, Lord, into what You would have me to be.

Mold me each day, Lord, into what You would have me to be.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Rolling right along...Day 6

Wow! I am so excited this morning after stepping on the scale! I am now back down to a total 18 pound weight loss, still two more just to get back to where I was before Christmas, but I’m getting there!

Here is how yesterday went…

Breakfast - bowl of rice with butter buds (these melt on moist, hot foods just like butter - I don’t care for them on popcorn), artificial sweetener (one pack), and cinnamon. I was in the mood for a rice pudding, and this was pretty close, just without the milk. It was okay, but nothing I will crave for sure. Definitely not the same as good old fashioned rice pudding.

Lunch - cocktail shrimp with sauce and whole wheat spaghetti/Prego/parmesan (surprise, surprise!)

Snacks - first snack was Corn on the Cob popcorn - a buttery DELIGHT!, and second snack was a mug of Lipton noodle soup

Supper - Rotisserie chicken, mixed greens (cooked - not salad), au gratin potatoes, and one and a half Hawaiian rolls. Delicious!!!

I had a couple of cups of coffee, a cup of hot tea, and loads of water.

I did the walking video - felt like I had lifted weights because it has such a good workout for your arms in it!

All in all, it was a good day, and I’m looking forward to another great one today! When I packed my husband a big old brownie in his lunch today, it just wasn’t as tempting when I know I’m making progress! However, I will say that if I am craving something really bad - such as a piece of cake or a donut or cookie (not likely) or cake (did I mention how much I like cake?) - then I will allow myself to have a portion of that treat. A serving, not two or three servings! If we deny ourselves constantly when we are trying to take the pounds off, and don’t allow our bodies the things that we are SOOO craving, then one day we will BINGE. If I don’t allow myself that piece of cake I might just one day go crazy and eat half of the cake! I love Danish Wedding cookies (Keebler), and there was a span of about a week where I went to the store a couple of times and got a box of those cookies, and I hid them in my house, and I didn’t just eat a couple for a good snack, I ate until they made me sick. No, I didn’t literally get sick, but I felt horrible. Supercrash for my body! So allow yourself a treat once in a while, I know I will!

No comments: