Mold me each day, Lord, into what You would have me to be.

Mold me each day, Lord, into what You would have me to be.

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Even the Little Things...

You know God really cares about the little things. He cares about every aspect of our life, no matter how big or how small it may seem. Our needs matter to Him and our desires matter too.


Two weeks ago I was very concerned about how I was going to be able to get our homeschool curriculum in time for school to start. It just didn't seem doable. This was a "big" matter to us - school is really important, obviously. But, as usual, God was working things that I couldn't see yet, and He already had a blessing on the way. Thankfully, we will be able to get the curriculum on time, and will be able to get started when we need to! That is a big PRAISE THE LORD as far as I'm concerned! God is so AWESOME!

So the school stuff was a need that I was concerned about, and God took care of it!



For the past two or three years the kids have used the same pool at our house, and they have a blast in it. It's just a small pool with collapsible sides - but still great for their age. They love it. At the end of last season, when we took it down the last time, my husband noticed it had a hole in it. So, that was the end of that. We do have another pool that is BIG and inflatable, but we need a pump in order to inflate it, which we will have to purchase when the time comes. It is a great pool with two slides, way fun - but definitely need a pump! So, the bottom line is that we had not been able to replace the pool that tore up last summer, and also had not been able to get a pump for the new pool. My kids had gone to my parents' house to spend some of their summer vacation there, and their cousin lives next door. He is the same age as my son and they have a pool, so after they came home all I heard about was "when are we gonna get a new pool???" I honestly didn't know when it was gonna happen for them, and there was no way that it could be at the top of my priority list...Pay electric bill...buy swimming pool...hopefully toilet tissue... HA! No way. The pool was way further down the list.


Okay, so long story short...the day after I got the answer about the curriculum I got a call from a local business. The last time I had gone in I had registered for a giveaway they had going. I had registered before for a grill/charcoal/etc., and didn't win. But that day I was on my way out the door and happened to see in the window a swimming pool just like the one we had (the one with the hole in it), a cooler, and some beach towels. I ran back in and registered, and low and behold WE WON IT! The kids were so excited - you just can't even believe it.



So the pool was a want, a desire of my heart for my kids, and of course their desire probably even more so!


No, we don't have to have that little pool. Yes, we can get by without it! But my Daddy in heaven cares about every aspect of my life, the big and the small. A blessing is a blessing, and I felt such a boost in my faith from that. It just reminds me that my God loves me and my family and this whole world SO much. He cares enough about us that He will meet our every need if we just trust Him. He offered up His own Son to meet my ultimate need, the need for salvation.


I don't believe that we get everything that we want, especially when our wants are sometimes selfish. Phillipians 4:19 says that "my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus."(NIV) So we know from that verse that our needs will be met. But as far as wants, James 4:2 says "...You do not have because you do not ask God. When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures."(NIV) So, I believe that we get some of our wants, but it definitely depends on our motives.


The kids having a pool was honestly not something I remember praying for. It was something that I really wanted them to have though because it is really, really hot where we live! Now, if I pray for a brand new car that might be a bit more selfish for me! Not because it is wrong to pray for a new car, but because I have a car that is in working order, it runs good, it gets fantastic mileage; if I asked for more it would be a selfish request at this point because my need is met. Not to mention it would tack on a bill that we could not pay!


I say all of this because I'm feeling so blessed right now, but I have been struggling in the faith area for a little while now because I just couldn't see how certain things were going to fall in place, how certain needs were going to be met, etc. But I have to say that every time I look at that little pool in the backyard I remember that God cares about everything that I'm going through, everything that I'm facing, every answer I'm searching for, every need, every want, and even the little things.

5 comments:

Terri said...

That's so neat, April! Thank you for sharing and I love it when the Lord blesses us in ways that we cannot even imagine.

Terri

Michelle said...

You are so right April! He does care and has our best interests at heart!
You are so blessed. And it looks like the kids are having a blast with their new pool!
Thanks for showing the picture.

Aprille Roberts said...

Thanks ladies for your comments. It always amazes me when he blesses in ways that I can't imagine, but should I really be surpised? He is God after all! Thank you, Terri, for your prayers and encouragement. And thank you, Michelle, for allowing God to use you to bless. You have no idea what a blessing you have been to my life. Love you both! April :0)

Aprille Roberts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

What a wonderful story April! God is so good!! I love it when He does stuff like that! He really does care about the little things in our lives...I'm so glad for you and your children!

Love, Tina :)