Mold me each day, Lord, into what You would have me to be.

Mold me each day, Lord, into what You would have me to be.

Friday, February 8, 2008

Just Do It!...Days 40 & 41

Yay! It's finally Friday!!! And God has truly blessed us for the past two weeks. There have been blessings here and there scattered throughout, some big, some small - all significant and meaningful, and we are ever so grateful. One of the really huge blessings is just being kept safe during the storms that passed through this week on Tuesday and Wednesday, and our family and friends were safe also. What a blessing! Many people lost their lives, lost loved ones, and lost everything they had in the world, so we have so very much to be thankful for in that the storms passed us by. Thank you Jesus!

I am also thankful because I am now down
27 pounds!!!
It has been really good to see this extra work paying off! I have really been craving some potato chips and french fries (carbs anyone?), but it is a much better trade-off when I step on the scale in the morning and see the number going down, down, down...
So, here is how the past two days went...
Day 41
Thursday, February 7
B - Scrambled eggs
S - Popcorn
L - Half sandwich on whole wheat and whole wheat spaghetti/sc/chs
S - Salad w/lobster delights, one fruit leather
S - Vegetable beef soup
Workout - Miracle Mile with Leslie Sansone
Day 42
Friday, February 8.
B - None (on the run!)
S - None (STARVING...)
L - Late lunch, but FINALLY SOME FOOD! Turkey sandwich on whole wheat, salad
S - popcorn
S - Tuna steak (sushi grade - YUM!) whole wheat spaghetti/sauce/chs
Workout - Miracle Mile with Leslie Sansone, extra workout time on my own - crunches, push-ups, stretches. I upped my Miracle Mile workout by using hand weights - NO PROBLEM! :-)
I am really pleased with the progress made during the "boot camp" so far and I am looking forward to seeing how it goes this week! Tomorrow the weather is supposed to be beautiful and I am looking forward to a walk with my kids tomorrow, maybe even moving up to some jogging. I was doing some jogging even at my highest weight, but once the weather got cold I just started staying in. It is hard enough to get my kids to hang in there with me, much less drag them around the track or the block freezing cold and bored to boot! Anyway, it'll be nice when spring arrives because I can get a little more variety in my workout and get some real quality time with my children! I can't wait!
I didn't do my workout until tonight after the kids went to bed, and to be honest I didn't really want to do it at all. So, I just want to say that it is worth it to take a little while to exercise. I wanted to go to bed and just rest, but instead I went ahead and did the work because I needed to, because I had committed to do it, because I am setting a good example for my family, and because it is GOOD FOR ME! After I was done, I felt energized, rejuvenated - it was definitely worth it.
When you least want to take the time to exercise don't give in, don't give up, don't make excuses and find reasons not to do the work. Taking the time to take care of your body instead of just neglecting what you need for your health is going to make you feel so much better than laying down and watching a movie and skipping the workout. Getting up 30 minutes earlier to work out can really help you get a good energy boost for your morning. Find time, take the time, make the time, JUST DO IT!!! You'll be so glad you did!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

you are kickin my butt on the workouts. I haven't worked out but 2 times this week. gotta get back on it!