Mold me each day, Lord, into what You would have me to be.

Mold me each day, Lord, into what You would have me to be.

Friday, March 7, 2008

Strength to keep going...

I just want to start today's post by being very honest with you about how I'm feeling right now...


I WANT SOMETHING SWEET TO EAT!!!!!!!!

Ahhh, now I feel much better. Thanks for letting me get that off of my chest. I have not had breakfast yet this morning and it is already 9:30, but that is not the only reason I am craving something sweet. I have been wanting something since yesterday. I think in a little while I am going to have some SF/FF pudding (sugar-free/fat-free). YUM! But first, I need some coffee, and I may completely feel differently after that!

The past few days I have eaten really good. I'm not listing the entire menu because I have not restarted my journal yet. I will restart it today. My Microsoft Word program on my computer expired, so I don't have access to my old journal anymore, but I am starting a new one on Microsoft Works now. But I have had popcorn each day, which is a staple for me, and lots of water (with SF flavoring!), I have eaten tuna two out of the last three days, one day I had a hamburger steak with cheese (YUM!) - I was really feeling the need for some iron that day, I have had some eggs, whole wheat pita (pocket) bread, and some whole wheat spaghetti. And, of course, I have had peanut butter. I'm not sure at this point that I would even know how to go through a day without peanut butter. I LOVE IT!

Anyway, the eating is going well, but I have not been working out, so I have not been seeing any progress now, just staying where I'm at for now. I will absolutely be starting the workout back up though, I really don't think I can expect to see any more progress until I do.

I just want to say at this point that if you're trying to get healthy, KEEP GOING!!! It does not matter how you have been eating or what kind of exercise you have or have not been doing. What matters is today, and then tomorrow, and then the next day. It would be easy when we messed up to keep going backwards, to keep eating candy, to keep overlooking that exercise video ( as I have been doing :0( ), but why stop now? The decisions we have made yesterday and in the past weeks and months are gone, they are done, and you can't go back. What is important is making the right choices today for your future. It's easy to say "this day of binging will not really cost me in the long run, as long as I do better tomorrow", but the question is will we be able to stop when tomorrow comes.

Make the best choices, the best decisions, that you can NOW. Each meal, each day, each hour, each minute, is one small step closer to a healthier and happier you! And when you feel like you're not strong enough, ask Jesus for strength to resist temptation. It may seem like too small a thing to ask Him to help you with, but He absolutely cares about all of the little things, and He wants to help us to be the best He made us to be!

No comments: