Mold me each day, Lord, into what You would have me to be.

Mold me each day, Lord, into what You would have me to be.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

True Transformers

Romans 12:2 "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind."

When I was a child "Transformers" were a really big deal, and as with all things they have now come full circle to become an even bigger deal. My son now likes them more than I did as a child (I was quite the tomboy!)...yes, I had a transformer when I was a little girl! But what exactly is the allure of Transformers? You have a vehicle/machine of some sort that has the ability to transform into something incredible - a giant fighting robot that can talk and shoot lasers; a transformation that is possible because the machine is full of LIFE.

Have you ever seen a "transformer"? Not a living robot, but a person who has been transformed by God, completely changed by the Way, the Truth, and the LIFE. If you have, it's not something you have to wonder about or question, it's unmistakable. And it is beautiful.

Sometimes you can know someone for long enough that you basically know what to expect from them. You see how they act, hear how they speak, and in some cases you know for the most part how they feel or what motivates them. And then, you don't see them for a while, or maybe you only get the chance to talk to them every once in a while, but suddenly out of the blue there they are...and you see the change. You will not forget it when you see it; to see how incredibly God has worked in the life of another sort of brands itself on your heart. To see a person transformed from who they used to be into someone full of the power of God, full of His glory, full of faith in Him, and walking upright in His power and might is such an edifying experience.

We are all a work in progress, being transformed daily into the image of God...IF we allow Him to change us. There have been many times that I have regretted things I have said and done or beaten myself up over mistakes in my past, but the truth is that everything in my life up until this point has helped shape me into the person I am now. All of the best things in my life, the best things I have done, the things that were not a step above mediocrity, the failures in my life, and the very worst of me - all fit together to make up who I am.

I am a transformer, constantly being changed into who God has made me to be...through my relationship with Him, through my experiences in life, through lessons learned (most often the hard way). I hope that when people see me they see a life transformed, a woman chasing after God with ALL that I am, and a heart that will never be satisfied with anything less than all that He has for me. I hope that when people see me, they see a transformer.

2 Corinthians 3:18 "And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord's glory, are being transformed into His image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit."

No comments: